Success requires a right attitude, to become successful, you will have to;
- Celebrate your strengths – no one knows you better than yourself, celebrate who you are, write down your strengths, e.g., “I am a kind person, I am a patient person.” When you celebrate your attributes, you grow in them and they appreciate
- Create a support system – distance yourself from people who bring you down, instead surround yourself with people who accept and believe in you
- Forgive yourself – get rid of past regrets which can prevent you from practicing self-acceptance. It is important to learn from mistakes and make efforts to grow and accept that you can’t change the past.
- Manage your inner critic – notice the critical things you say about yourself, many people equate their inner critic with the voice of reasoning, but sometimes this inner critic could be harsh and judgmental and can drive you to extremes. So take those unkind negative thoughts as helpful feedback and move on.
- Perform charitable acts – when you give sacrificially to others and see how your deeds are a positive influence on others, it becomes difficult to convince yourself that you are no good.
- Be kind to yourself – being kind to oneself is not selfishness nor self-centeredness, being kind to yourself is loving yourself.