- LEARN TO FORGIVE, LEAVE THE PAST AND STICK TO THE FUTURE
Holding on to offences committed in the past and lack of forgiveness can truly mar your communication with your daughter. Letting go of the past can make her trust you more, it can make her believe in you and make her know that no matter her offence, her mother has a very large heart that says to her,” it’s ok, let it go”. Whenever she does anything, react based on the current offence and reference should not be made to things that are past, bringing them up, will impact negatively on your communicating with your daughter, forgive her wrong doings and purposely allow it to go with the past.
Holding her past against her is like tying her up to her offenses. So consider this for a moment, imagine yourself going around with offenses you had committed years ago, still tied around you for all to see, I know it is not a scene you will like to find yourself in.
Free your daughter of every ill she may have committed, she has the right to be free, and she has the right to move around without the ties of guilt and accusations.
Adapted from MY DAUGHTER, MY FRIEND. To read More, Please get a copy HERE
Poor self esteem can over time derail and bring you to your lowest ebb. However, this can easily be curtailed.
So how do you curtail a low self esteem?
Focus on what goes well for you – move your thinking from your problems, your focus daily should not be based on your problems and how bad your day went, instead find positive things to write down daily that went well for you.
- Mistakes are learning opportunities – everyone makes mistakes and no one is perfect – that includes “you”. Mistakes are part of learning so instead of thinking, “I always mess up,” always see each situation as unique. Ask yourself, “what have I learnt and what can I do differently next time?”
- Let go of the need to always be perfect – some people get held back on their path to progress because of their self-pressure for perfection. They lose out because they don’t try; they put themselves down because they believe they are not good enough. Always make efforts, try new things, come out of your shell, sometimes all that is required is just EFFORTS and not a state of PERFECTION.
- Edit thoughts that make you feel inferior – comparing yourself with others leaves the feeling of less accomplishment, or being less gifted. Every thought that makes you withdraw, place others ahead of you, feel disadvantaged and so on, should not be allowed a place in your heart because as you keep thinking on the negatives, they form a self-image, and because you don’t see yourself in a good light you will begin to see everyone else in that same negativity, soon you will have no friends around you because no one will like to stay around someone who continuously pulls people down.
- Recognize what you can change and what you can’t – if you realize that you are unhappy with something about yourself that you can change (like getting a healthy weight) start today. If it’s something you can’t change like your height, work on accepting it. Obsessing about your flaws bring down your self-esteem.