- LEARN TO FORGIVE, LEAVE THE PAST AND STICK TO THE FUTURE
Holding on to offences committed in the past and lack of forgiveness can truly mar your communication with your daughter. Letting go of the past can make her trust you more, it can make her believe in you and make her know that no matter her offence, her mother has a very large heart that says to her,” it’s ok, let it go”. Whenever she does anything, react based on the current offence and reference should not be made to things that are past, bringing them up, will impact negatively on your communicating with your daughter, forgive her wrong doings and purposely allow it to go with the past.
Holding her past against her is like tying her up to her offenses. So consider this for a moment, imagine yourself going around with offenses you had committed years ago, still tied around you for all to see, I know it is not a scene you will like to find yourself in.
Free your daughter of every ill she may have committed, she has the right to be free, and she has the right to move around without the ties of guilt and accusations.
Adapted from MY DAUGHTER, MY FRIEND. To read More, Please get a copy HERE
Okay now… I quite understand that loving yourself in spite of your supposedly setbacks, failure and your self presumed doom can be difficult.
But seriously, Do you know you are beautiful, successful and have all you need to live an abundant life.
I’m not trying to be motivate you because in actual fact, “THAT IS THE TRUTH”
You have to start believing in yourself in order to achieve any form of success in LIFE.
And you can start by learning to accept yourself for who who you are while taking critical steps towards making the YOU better.
You see, self-acceptance is the acceptance and embracing of oneself in spite of one’s deficiencies. It is a state where you are satisfied or happy with yourself, which has been found to be necessary for mental health. Self-acceptance begins from when you are aware of yourself, your strengths, weaknesses and your tolerances.
Self-acceptance is an invitation to stop trying to change yourself into someone you are not or someone you wish to be. Your happiness is tied to how you are able to accept yourself.
WAYS TO SELF-ACCEPTANCE
- Celebrate your strengths – no one knows you better than yourself, celebrate who you are, write down your strengths, e.g., “I am a kind person, I am a patient person.” When you celebrate your attributes, you grow in them and they appreciate
- Create a support system – distance yourself from people who bring you down, instead surround yourself with people who accept and believe in you
- Forgive yourself – get rid of past regrets which can prevent you from practicing self-acceptance. It is important to learn from mistakes and make efforts to grow and accept that you can’t change the past.
- Manage your inner critic – notice the critical things you say about yourself, many people equate their inner critic with the voice of reasoning, but sometimes this inner critic could be harsh and judgmental and can drive you to extremes. So take those unkind negative thoughts as helpful feedback and move on.
- Perform charitable acts – when you give sacrificially to others and see how your deeds are a positive influence on others, it becomes difficult to convince yourself that you are no good.
- Be kind to yourself – being kind to oneself is not selfishness nor self-centeredness, being kind to yourself is loving yourself.
How have you been able to overcome poor self image on your road to success? Let us know in the comment below