There is a time for everything including love. From all that has been said about teenage relationship, it is very clear that your teenage years should not be given to experimenting love, rather your teenage years should be dedicated towards keeping platonic friends and giving your attention to your education.
The subject of love should be reserved for adulthood, when you are mature and able to make accurate decisions; your heart is no longer fragile and is capable of healing itself in cases of hurts and disappointments.
As an adult, you are able to distinguish your feelings between love, lust, infatuation and crushes.
- Before you give your heart out for the first time – count the cost!
- When you give your heart to a boy, note that you are not just giving your heart, your body and soul goes with it. So when he breaks your heart, a part of your life is affected, you feel that a piece of you is lost, and you are mentally affected.
- Boys fall in love with their eyes (what they see) while girls fall in love with their ears (what they hear). Don’t listen to his sweet promises of love; don’t listen to his sweet whispers of lies, don’t listen to his humming songs. Purposely say no to all advances now because the more you listen to all those lies the more you let down your guards.
- Analyzing truthfully what the feeling is will enable you know if you should go ahead to give your heart out. Ask yourself the question: Is this love, lust, infatuation or just a crush?
- Consider seriously how much your academics will suffer. The issues of relationships between a boy and a girl is very distracting, you cannot handle it together with your academics, and so if you give your heart to a boy now, be sure that your academics will suffer because you cannot give the two full attention.