There is a time for everything including love. From all that has been said about teenage relationship, it is very clear that your teenage years should not be given to experimenting love, rather your teenage years should be dedicated towards keeping platonic friends and giving your attention to your education.
The subject of love should be reserved for adulthood, when you are mature and able to make accurate decisions; your heart is no longer fragile and is capable of healing itself in cases of hurts and disappointments.
As an adult, you are able to distinguish your feelings between love, lust, infatuation and crushes.
- Before you give your heart out for the first time – count the cost!
- When you give your heart to a boy, note that you are not just giving your heart, your body and soul goes with it. So when he breaks your heart, a part of your life is affected, you feel that a piece of you is lost, and you are mentally affected.
- Boys fall in love with their eyes (what they see) while girls fall in love with their ears (what they hear). Don’t listen to his sweet promises of love; don’t listen to his sweet whispers of lies, don’t listen to his humming songs. Purposely say no to all advances now because the more you listen to all those lies the more you let down your guards.
- Analyzing truthfully what the feeling is will enable you know if you should go ahead to give your heart out. Ask yourself the question: Is this love, lust, infatuation or just a crush?
- Consider seriously how much your academics will suffer. The issues of relationships between a boy and a girl is very distracting, you cannot handle it together with your academics, and so if you give your heart to a boy now, be sure that your academics will suffer because you cannot give the two full attention.
Adapted from MY DAUGHTER, MY FRIEND. To read More, Please get a copy HERE
Okay now… I quite understand that loving yourself in spite of your supposedly setbacks, failure and your self presumed doom can be difficult.
But seriously, Do you know you are beautiful, successful and have all you need to live an abundant life.
I’m not trying to be motivate you because in actual fact, “THAT IS THE TRUTH”
You have to start believing in yourself in order to achieve any form of success in LIFE.
And you can start by learning to accept yourself for who who you are while taking critical steps towards making the YOU better.
You see, self-acceptance is the acceptance and embracing of oneself in spite of one’s deficiencies. It is a state where you are satisfied or happy with yourself, which has been found to be necessary for mental health. Self-acceptance begins from when you are aware of yourself, your strengths, weaknesses and your tolerances.
Self-acceptance is an invitation to stop trying to change yourself into someone you are not or someone you wish to be. Your happiness is tied to how you are able to accept yourself.
WAYS TO SELF-ACCEPTANCE
- Celebrate your strengths – no one knows you better than yourself, celebrate who you are, write down your strengths, e.g., “I am a kind person, I am a patient person.” When you celebrate your attributes, you grow in them and they appreciate
- Create a support system – distance yourself from people who bring you down, instead surround yourself with people who accept and believe in you
- Forgive yourself – get rid of past regrets which can prevent you from practicing self-acceptance. It is important to learn from mistakes and make efforts to grow and accept that you can’t change the past.
- Manage your inner critic – notice the critical things you say about yourself, many people equate their inner critic with the voice of reasoning, but sometimes this inner critic could be harsh and judgmental and can drive you to extremes. So take those unkind negative thoughts as helpful feedback and move on.
- Perform charitable acts – when you give sacrificially to others and see how your deeds are a positive influence on others, it becomes difficult to convince yourself that you are no good.
- Be kind to yourself – being kind to oneself is not selfishness nor self-centeredness, being kind to yourself is loving yourself.
How have you been able to overcome poor self image on your road to success? Let us know in the comment below