LOVE AND LUST
LOVE – we have all experienced love at some point in our lives; we have been loved by our parents, brothers, sisters and friends. But romantic love is different; it is an intense, new feeling unlike any of these other ways of loving. It is that special feeling of liking the opposite sex, which draws you closer to that person and is most times driven by strong passion. But there is more to loving an individual than just the emotion; it is more that crazy funny feeling you get today that is no longer there tomorrow. Love is a sacrificial placing of someone else ahead of your needs, wants and desires.
Love is taking on RESPONSIBILITY.
LUST – is the absolute selfish desire to fulfil either a physical or emotional need or want, for example when a boy lusts over you, all he wants from you at that moment is to have your body, which is SEX, and immediately after that he doesn’t want to have anything else to do with you.
So lust is a momentary feeling that is based on want for physical benefits.
Lust is running away from RESPONSIBILITY.
INFATUATION – is often a mental obsession, characterized by the person daydreaming and fantasizing about the opposite sex. An infatuated person will create an unrealistic impression of the person they are fantasizing, and when they really get close to the person and see the actual truth of the person, they quickly lose interest, they get disillusioned and disappointed.
Infatuation is also called an unreal love and has no RESPONSIBILITIES just DISAPPOINTMENTS.
There is a time for everything including love. From all that has been said about teenage relationship, it is very clear that your teenage years should not be given to experimenting love, rather your teenage years should be dedicated towards keeping platonic friends and giving your attention to your education.
The subject of love should be reserved for adulthood, when you are mature and able to make accurate decisions; your heart is no longer fragile and is capable of healing itself in cases of hurts and disappointments.
As an adult, you are able to distinguish your feelings between love, lust, infatuation and crushes.
- Before you give your heart out for the first time – count the cost!
- When you give your heart to a boy, note that you are not just giving your heart, your body and soul goes with it. So when he breaks your heart, a part of your life is affected, you feel that a piece of you is lost, and you are mentally affected.
- Boys fall in love with their eyes (what they see) while girls fall in love with their ears (what they hear). Don’t listen to his sweet promises of love; don’t listen to his sweet whispers of lies, don’t listen to his humming songs. Purposely say no to all advances now because the more you listen to all those lies the more you let down your guards.
- Analyzing truthfully what the feeling is will enable you know if you should go ahead to give your heart out. Ask yourself the question: Is this love, lust, infatuation or just a crush?
- Consider seriously how much your academics will suffer. The issues of relationships between a boy and a girl is very distracting, you cannot handle it together with your academics, and so if you give your heart to a boy now, be sure that your academics will suffer because you cannot give the two full attention.
Adapted from MY DAUGHTER, MY FRIEND. To read More, Please get a copy HERE